2021 Arizona spring leftover hunting permit list
Opportunities exist to pick up a leftover tag for spring javelina and turkey in Arizona!
Don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to kick off the 2021 season with an additional hunt. For 2021, there are more than 2,600 leftover permit tags available. The list of available licenses can be found here and also in the tables below. These hunts are available for both residents and nonresidents. Bonus points are not used for leftover tags in Arizona.
For 2021 there is a 56.22% decrease in the number of leftover spring tags and for reference in 2020, there was a 25.07% decrease. These hunts are becoming more and more popular each year!
- 2019: 8,137 leftovers
- 2020: 6,097 leftovers
- 2021: 2,669 leftovers
NOTE: The only way to get any of the 2021 spring leftover permits is by applying through the mail on or after November 16, 2020 beginning at 8 a.m. Then, on November 23, completed paper applications can be brought to any department office throughout the state if any are still leftover after the first week of accepting leftover apps. These hunt permits will we then be issued essentially an over the counter, first come, first served permit.
According to AZGFD, they strongly encourage hunters to apply by mail for leftover hunt permit-tags due to COVID-19. To ensure public health and safety protocols are observed, hunters are required to first contact customer service at (602) 942-3000 or any regional office between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday to pick up any permit remaining as a first come, first serve.
Application paperwork can be found here.
If you were unsuccessful in the recent 2021 spring draw, you still have an opportunity to pick up a leftover hunt permit-tag for javelina or turkey.
- Bonus points will still be retained if you pick up a leftover tag in Arizona.
- Your application will be thrown out if it arrives before November 16.
- Application paperwork can be downloaded here.
- Note: any remaining leftover hunt permits after the first week will then be available for purchase on a first-come-first-served basis beginning Monday, Nov. 23, at all Arizona Game and Fish Department offices. Be sure to read the section above about having to call in first due to COVID-19.
As mentioned on other Arizona leftover articles, the information I received directly from Arizona Game and Fish (AZFG) for the best strategy to get a tag... is to get your application to arrive on Saturday, November 14 as they will not collect the mail on a weekend until Monday morning. So if you really want to be at the top of the pile of applications, get yours to the AZGF on Saturday. For the most part, the spring leftover isn't as competitive as the fall leftover deer tags. But if you want to hunt Javelina, it's best to get your paperwork filled out and in the mail.
In summary, if they receive your paperwork first and there is still a tag left, you will get the tag.
Applications are accepted by U.S. Mail only to this address:
Arizona Game & Fish
Att: Draw/First Come
5000 W. Carefree Highway
Phoenix, AZ 85086
If successful, you will receive your tag in the mail within 10-15 business days.
Permit fees required:
- Resident turkey: $38.00
- Nonresident turkey: $105.00
- Resident javelina: $38.00
- Nonresident javelina: $115.00
- Youth only javelina resident: $28.00
- Youth only javelina nonresident: $30.00
License fees required:
- Resident: $37.00 (general hunting) or $57.00 (hunt and fish combo)
- Resident and nonresident youth: $5.00 (ages 10-17)
- Nonresident: $160.00 (hunt and fish combo)
You can buy your hunting license here.
- For those who qualify there are military hunts available at Ft. Huachuca.
- For more information contact: Ft. Huachuca at 1-520-533-7083 or 1-520-533-8763
2021 Arizona Spring Leftover License List
If you've never hunting javelina, it's a super fun and laid back hunt. Plus... there's no better way to kick off the year with a hunt!
(Can be hunted with a rifle)
36C (Champ only)
Youth Only Javelina
HAM Javelina Hunt
(Handgun, archery and muzzleloader)
|Hunt No.||Unit||Number available|
|5052||15A & 15B||22|
Archery Only Javelina
|Hunt No.||Unit||Number available|
|5084||See hunt regs||374|
|5085||17A, 17B, 18B,
19A, 19B, 20A
|5094||28, 29, 30A,
30B, 31, 32
|5095||33, 37A, 37B||137|
|5096||34A & 34B||54|
|5097||35A (Except Huachuca),
You can check out the list of Arizona outfitters and Business members below.