Backcountry Hunters & Anglers 3rd Annual Public Land Owner Film Fest
Submissions are now being accepted for the 3rd Annual Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Public Land Owner Film Fest. The film winners will premiere at the 9th Annual North American Rendezvous on June 4-6, 2020 in Missoula, Montana. This is a film festival you don't want to miss!
Whether you have zero video experience or are a seasoned professional with an entire crew behind you, all submissions are welcome.
Film Fest Details:
- Anyone can enter
- The deadline to submit your film is March 31, 2020
This one is up to you. Make a mockumentary with your friends. Film a solo hunt. Teach us a woodsy skill that you’ve mastered. Or even film yourself talking to your local legislator about public lands issues. Whatever you do, have fun with it and keep it to 2 minutes or less.
(20) GENERAL CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
- $150 Gift card to goHUNT Gear Shop
- Gerber Defender Compact, Freehander, and Vital Folder
- Vortex Binoculars
- Stanley Classic Trigger Action Mug 16oz in the color of their choice, Classic Legendary Bottle 1.5 Qt, and Classic Flask in the color of their choice
2. Corporate Partner
Make a one-minute video (per their suggestions: see below) for their brand and you’ll be automatically entered to win amazing prizes from them.
Easy doesn’t believe in failure, but Gerber does. Submit your best video showing how you’ve made light of a failure in the field.
(2) GERBER CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
- NEW Fastball, 6” Controller Fillet – SALT
- Neat Freak Braided Line Cutters – SALT
- Magnipliers – SALT, Crossriver - SALT
- Defender Compact
- Line Driver
- Vital Folder
- Vital Replacement Blades
- Devour Multi-Fork
Fun and creative video highlighting the use of the INSIDER research platform to find a hunt.
(2) goHUNT CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
$1,000 gift card to goHUNT Gear Shop
You’ve all seen Nathan Voris's famous video, The Pro-Gear Guide to Squirrel Hunting. Included in that gear guide is a Classic Stanley Vacuum Bottle – a must-have in the field. Submit a video that highlights your favorite Stanley product and why it is an essential piece of gear for your outdoor adventure – hunting, fishing, camping, or otherwise. Don’t take yourself too seriously, we are hoping for a slightly comedic, yet educational video.
(2) STANLEY CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
- NEW Camp Pro Cookset
- 30qt Cooler
- Master Series 1.4qt Vacuum Bottle
- Master Series 20oz Trigger Action Mug
- Master Series Flask
- Classic Vacuum Growler
- 4 Adventure Pint Glasses
- Plus two tickets to the upcoming 2020 BHA Rendezvous
We’re unconventional, and if you’re reading this, so are you. Here’s your opportunity to share that footage from your backcountry hunt or bring your camera to the nearest public range. We want to see how YOU enjoy your public lands – humor is welcome but not required.
(2) VORTEX CATEGORY WINNERS RECEIVE:
- Vortex Package
- There is no limit to the number of videos an individual can submit
- Films submitted in the General category cannot exceed 2 minutes in length
- Films submitted in the Corporate Partner category cannot exceed 1 minute in length
- By submitting to the 3rd Annual Public Land Owner Film Fest you are relinquishing all rights to the film to Backcountry Hunters & Anglers and corporate partners
- You do not have to be a BHA member to enter
- Those submitting films agree to have all necessary permits to film in your location
- By submitting a film you agree to have procured the rights to any music playing within the film
- All entries must be received by Tuesday, March 31, 2020.
- April 2020 – BHA and corporate partners will select the general category finalists and the winners of the corporate partner category
- May 1 – Filmmakers whose films have made the final cut will be notified
- The premiere of the 3rd Annual Public Land Owner Film fest will take place at the 9th annual Backcountry Hunters & Anglers North American Rendezvous in Missoula, Montana, June 4-6, 2020
- June 2020 – Rendezvous 2021 – The Public Land Owner Film Fest will be shown across the continent at BHA chapter led events
How to submit your video
Download and fill out the submission form.
Go to backcountryhunters.wetransfer.com and send your video and Submission Form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Under message, include:
- Category (General or name sponsor)
- Closest BHA Chapter
See the film fest announcement video below