Backcountry Hunters & Anglers 2nd Annual Public Land Owner Film Fest
Submissions are now being accepted for the 2nd Annual Backcountry Hunters and Anglers Public Land Owner Film Fest. The film debut/winners will happen at the 8th Annual North American Rendezvous on Friday, May 3, 2019 in Boise, Idaho. This is a film festival you don't want to miss!
Whether you have zero video experience or are a seasoned professional with an entire crew behind you, all submissions are welcome.
Film Fest Details:
- Anyone can enter
- The deadline to submit your film is February 1, 2019
- 23 total winners!
#1 - Advocacy and Issues
Make a video highlighting threatened public land or water - or film yourself interviewing people about their favorite public land! Creativity is encouraged. Prize TBD.
#2 - Skills
Can you skin a squirrel in 10 seconds? Show us how to do it! The prize is TBD.
#3 - General
This one is up to you. Perform a skit with your friends, make a hunting mockumentary, or even film a solo hunt. This one has no limits so get creative! The prize is TBD.
#4 - Corporate Partner Commercial
Twenty of our corporate partners have each offered an amazing prize package for the best 30-second commercial promoting their brand! Make the best commercial and see it on the big screen at the Rendezvous.
Submissions have a chance to win a plethora of amazing prizes. goHUNT is giving away a $2,500 gift card to our Gear Shop to help you gear up for next season! You can see all of the great prizes from First Lite, Sitka Gear, Seek Outside, Stone Glacier, Vortex, YETI and much more here.
- There is no limit to the number of videos an individual can submit
- Films submitted for Categories 1-3 may not exceed 3 minutes in length
- Films submitted to the Corporate Partner Commercial category (Category #4) may not exceed 30 seconds in length
- By submitting a film to the 2nd Annual Public Land Owner Film Fest you are relinquishing all rights to the film to Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
- Those submitting films agree to have all necessary permits to film in your specific location
- By submitting a film you agree to have procured the rights to any music playing within the film
- Entries can be submitted October 1, 2018 through February 1, 2019.
- BHA will begin selection of the finalists in categories 1-3 on February 2, 2019 and will notify finalists that their film will be shown at the Rendezvous by March 1, 2019
- BHA and participating corporate partners will select the winners of Category 4 by March 1.
- Winning entries will be featured at the Public Land Owner Film Fest on the evening of Friday, May 3 at the 8th Annual North American Rendezvous in Boise, Idaho. The audience will vote on the best video in Categories 1-3 and the winning films for Category 4 will be shown throughout the film fest at the Rendezvous.
Following Rendezvous, the Public Land Owner Film Fest will be available for BHA chapters to show around the country.
See the film fest announcement video below