Opportunity: Late-season New Mexico bull elk tags
Archery hunters looking to expand their season will have a great opportunity to hunt late-season bull elk this fall/winter. New Mexico will have 275 trophy bull elk archery hunting licenses available online only starting October 29.
These licenses will be sold be on a first-come, first-served basis. Popular hunts will sell out fast, so hunters are advised to have their account set up prior to the sale date. Interested hunters can buy the licenses online at the department’s website.
The late-season license sale will begin at 10am on October 29th, and, for the first 24 hours, will be open only to residents. Remaining licenses will be available to nonresidents the following morning (October 30th) at 10am.
- Only hunters who did not hold a 2014-2015 elk license are eligible
- Valid for one bull elk (bull must have at least six points on one side)
- Archery only
Late-season archery units:
- Unit 12: November 15-19 (25 licenses)
- Unit 34: December 13-17 (200 licenses)
- Unit 37: November 29-December 3 (50 licenses)
The decision to have a late season was made by the New Mexico Department of Fish and Game. Their biologists continue to assess annual population and harvest information, regional herd management objectives and additional harvest needs.