Nevada Dream Tags deadline coming up fast!
The deadline for the Nevada Dream Tags program is Friday, June 30, 2023. This is your chance to win a coveted tag and hunt Nevada’s premium units. All funds raised through the Nevada Dream Tag raffle go straight back into wildlife rehabilitation in Nevada. You can purchase tickets here. Tickets are $5 each, and there's no limit on how many tickets you can buy for each species.
To date, the program has donated more than $3 million to habitat protection and restoration projects. Conservation work supported by Nevada Dream Tags includes reseeding efforts and guzzlers that are critical in revitalizing our landscapes so they can support Nevada's wildlife species.
What are Nevada Dream Tags?
The Nevada Dream Tags program is a raffle that allows resident and nonresident hunters a chance at the hunt of a lifetime while also contributing to Nevada’s wildlife and habitat.
The tags offer the ability to hunt in any open unit in the state, although the season dates and weapon class for each hunt unit apply. Basically, this is a statewide hunting tag for that species, but you must follow the season dates and legal weapon for that season. The tags are similar to other western states’ raffle tags and “hunt of a lifetime” tags. Once again, the application deadline is June 30, 2023. Purchase your tickets here.
BREAKDOWN OF TAGS:
- One desert bighorn sheep tag
- One California bighorn sheep tag
- One elk tag
- One mule deer tag
- One antelope tag
- One bear tag
You can apply for one species, or you could apply for all of them. Each ticket is $5.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Open to both resident and nonresident hunters
- You can buy tickets as long as that person will be twelve years old or older before the first hunts
- Deadline: June 30, 2023
- It’s now optional to buy the $10 Resource Enhancement stamp. This stamp further helps support Nevada wildlife.
- Raffle tickets are $5 each
- An unlimited amount of tickets can be purchased
- You can apply even if you're on a waiting period for sheep, elk, or antelope
- Ability to buy tickets for your family and friends
- Winners are drawn at the beginning of July
- Raffle winners must be eligible for a hunting license to be issued a Dream Tag
- Winners who have not purchased a hunting license already will receive a complimentary hunting license — the non-profit organization buys that and the tag for them
The big one, where does the money go?
Per statute, all money received by the Community Foundation of Northern Nevada from the proceeds of the Dream Tags raffle, less the cost of the Dream Tags purchased by the Foundation and any administrative costs charged by the Foundation, must be used for the preservation, protection, management or restoration of game and its habitat, as determined by the Advisory Board on Dream Tags.
Nevada Dream Tags — A True Conservation Story
For some extra information, check out this video we produced back in 2018. Some of the information has changed (no longer required to buy the Resource Enhancement stamp), but the message is still the same.