List of 2023 Nevada tags available in the Second Draw
Jump to: 2nd Draw Info Tag List
This year, a very small number of tags are available for Nevada's Second Draw. There are 9 archery-only mule deer tags, and 1 muzzleloader tag available as of June 6.
Bonus point purchase
Bonus point applications for ALL big game species will be offered for sale in Second Draw. Only applicants who did not apply and earn a point or draw a tag in the main draw will be able to purchase a bonus point in the second draw. Applicants are limited to earning one bonus point per species, per license year.
Second Draw Information
The second draw application period for Nevada is from June 5 at 8 a.m. PT through June 12 at 11 p.m. PT and you can apply online here. Both residents and nonresidents are able to apply in the second draw. See the updated list here or in the tables below.
Results will be turned around quickly and you should know your results by the end of June.
Note: If you apply for a tag in the second draw and are successful you will lose your bonus points. So if you are building points, I highly suggest you avoid picking up a leftover tag during the second draw, unless you just want to hunt and don't mind losing your points. The remaining tags are not worth burning 3, 5, or even 10 bonus points for. But, if you're just starting to apply in Nevada or you're looking for a hunt to fill a void in your hunt schedule, then applying for a leftover tag is a smart move.
Points to highlight
- The Nevada Second Draw works the same way as the main draw, in that you can list five hunt choices (in this case you could list all three deer unit options).
- If you applied in the main draw and didn't draw, you can still apply in the second draw. Also, if you didn't apply in the main draw, you could still apply for this draw.
- Bonus points can be purchased for any species in the second draw if you did not apply for a tag or a point for that species in the main draw.
- Remember, the second draw will burn your bonus points if you pick up a tag.
- Points are squared in the second draw, just like the main draw.
Tags show on this list for a number of reasons:
1. If the nonresident quota is filled and these tags didn't get put in for by residents, they will now show up in the second draw.
2. These tags were awarded in the main draw and electronically returned by the awarded party. Pursuant to NAC 502.421 there were no eligible applicants who indicated a desire to be placed on the alternate list who’s first choice area and season matched the electronically returned tag.
3. The original count of tags for this weapon class and unit group were augmented as additional tags have been returned.
4. This second draw tag list includes tags that were returned in the 1-week grace period that did not have an alternate to issue.
5. If a resident and nonresident applied together in the main draw as a party hunt and there wasn't a hunt available for a nonresident.
Party applications on the Second Draw
You actually can apply as a party in Nevada's second draw. But it could hurt your chance to pull a tag, especially if there aren't enough permits for the hunt you're looking at.
2023 Available Tags
Researching these units
You can always jump over to Filtering 2.0 and our Unit Profiles to research these units before you toss your application out there. This is a great starting point to make sure one of the available hunts would be worth burning the points you have.
Resident and nonresident hunts
Mule deer buck archery permits available
Season dates: Aug. 10-Sept. 9, 2023
|202, 205-208||160" to|
Antelope horns longer than ears (muzzleloader)
|051||75"+||39:100||71.6%||Sept. 25-Oct. 4, 2023||1|