July 2022 Idaho Returned Tag Sale Information
In 2022, Idaho has already had three of its nine Returned General Season tag sales. This week is the fourth returned tag sale. These sales will continue through the month of October, so there’s still a chance if you’re looking to put a tag in your pocket. It is expected to see the bulk of returned tags hit the sale floor come these next few months due to all the draw processes being complete. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for this updated article prior to each sale date and hope luck is on your side and you get through the system quickly.
On the July 21, return sale date in Idaho at 10:00 am MT, there are just a handful of tags available. Be sure to check out the list below.
- Returned tags are available on a first-come, first-served basis
- One tag can be purchased for any of the units listed in the table below (could pick up an elk and a deer tag)
- Individual unit tag counts are a not-to-exceed limit.
Remember: it's always best to do a little research prior to the tag sale date so you know your personal top three or five units you'd be willing to pick up as these will sell out quickly. You can easily jump over to Filtering 2.0 and GOHUNT Maps to start your research prior to these returned tag sales. Be sure to log in early, and grab the tag and checkout as fast as you can to ensure you get the tag you desire. For more tips, be sure to check out this article here from the original Dec. 1 tag sale date.
Returned sold out tags
Any available tags will be listed on Idaho's 2022 returned tag page here.
If there are any returned tags, they will be available once a month until September, and then it switches to the second and fourth Thursday of each month at 10:00 a.m. MT. The list of available tags for that period will be made available two days before the sale opens at 10:00 a.m. Remember, these are available online on a first come, first served basis and they will sell out quickly!
Remaining Idaho returned sold-out tag dates for 2022
(10:00 a.m. MT)
|Date to view|
(10:00 a.m. MT)
July 21, 2022 tags available
What tags "could be available?"
- Sold-out nonresident capped elk zones
- Sold-out nonresident elk tags
- Sold-out nonresident deer tags
Future eligible returned tags include:
- Resident capped elk zones
- Nonresident outfitter tags for elk and for regular deer
- Nonresident outfitter tags for capped elk zones
- Resident and nonresident controlled hunts