Become an Insider member to gain access to this article,
plus all of GOHUNT's research and mapping tools.
Already have an Account? Log in
2020 Arizona spring leftover hunting permit list
Jump to: Special Notes General Turkey Youth Only Turkey General Javelina Youth Only Javelina HAM Javelina Archery Only Javelina
Let's face it, the winter months are long and cold! So if you'd like to get out and hunt more, then don't miss out on this amazing opportunity to hunt Arizona this coming spring. Plus, there's no better way to extend your season! For 2020, there are more than 6,000 leftover permit tags. The list of available licenses can be found here and also in the tables below. These hunts are available for both residents and nonresidents. Bonus points are not used for leftover tags in Arizona.
In comparison, for 2020 there is a 25.07% decrease in leftover spring tags.
- 2019: 8,137 leftovers
- 2020: 6,097 leftovers
NOTE: The only way to get any of the 2020 spring leftover permits is by applying through the mail on or after November 18, 2019 beginning at 8 a.m. Then, on November 25, completed paper applications can be brought to any department office throughout the state. These hunt permits will we then be issued as an over the counter permit. Application paperwork can be found here. If you were unsuccessful in the recent 2020 spring draw, you still have an opportunity to pick up a leftover hunt permit-tag for javelina or turkey.
- Bonus points will still be retained if you pick up a leftover tag in Arizona.
- Your application will be thrown out if it arrives before November 18.
- Application paperwork can be downloaded here.
- Leftover hunt permits will be available for purchase on a first-come-first-served basis beginning Monday, Nov. 25, at all Arizona Game and Fish Department offices.
As mentioned on other Arizona leftover articles, the information I received directly from Arizona Game and Fish (AZFG) for the best strategy to get a tag... is to get your application to arrive on Saturday, November 16 as they will not collect the mail until Monday morning. So if you really want to be at the top of the pile of applications, get yours to the AZGF on Saturday. For the most part, the spring leftover isn't as competitive as the fall leftover deer tags. But if you want to hunt Javelina, it's best to get your paperwork filled out and in the mail.
In summary, if they receive your paperwork first and there is still a tag left, you will get the tag.
Applications are accepted by U.S. Mail only to this address:
Arizona Game & Fish
Att: Draw/First Come
5000 W. Carefree Highway
Phoenix, AZ 85086
If successful, you will receive your tag in the mail within 10-15 business days.
Permit fees required:
- Resident turkey: $38.00
- Nonresident turkey: $105.00
- Resident javelina: $38.00
- Nonresident javelina: $115.00
- Youth only javelina resident: $28.00
- Youth only javelina nonresident: $30.00
License fees required:
- Resident: $37.00 (general hunting) or $57.00 (hunt and fish combo)
- Resident and nonresident youth: $5.00 (ages 10-17)
- Nonresident: $160.00 (hunt and fish combo)
You can buy your hunting license here.
- For those who qualify there are military hunts available at Ft. Huachuca.
- For more information contact: Ft. Huachuca at 1-520-533-7083 or 1-520-533-8763
2020 Arizona Spring Leftover License List
|4026||13B (See regs)||9|
|4027||13B (See regs)||7|
Youth Only Turkey
(Can be hunted with a rifle)
36C (Champ only)
Youth Only Javelina
|5035||6A, 6B, 8,|
9 (See regs)
|5037||16A (See regs)||38|
|5044||28, 29, 30A, 30B,|
|5048||36A, 36B, 36C||24|
HAM Javelina Hunt
(Handgun, archery and muzzleloader)
|Hunt No.||Unit||Number available|
|5052||16A (See regs)||48|
|5075||35A (Except Ft. Huachuca)||37|
Archery Only Javelina
|Hunt No.||Unit||Number available|
|5082||6A, 6B (Except Camp Navajo),|
|5084||17A, 17B, 18B,|
19A, 19B, 20A
|5093||28, 29, 30A,|
30B, 31, 32
|5094||33, 37A, 37B||367|
|5096||35A (Except Huachuca),|
|5097||36A, 36B, 36C||91|
You can check out the list of Arizona outfitters and Business members below.