Become an Insider member to gain access to this article,
plus all of GOHUNT's research and mapping tools.
Already have an Account? Log in
2020 Arizona fall leftover hunting permit list
Update: All leftover tags are sold out besides for a few youth javelina permits.
For 2020, there are over 500 leftover Coues deer general season permits available. The list of available licenses can be found here and also in the tables below with more information on trophy potentials, season dates, male:female ratios, public land percentages and links to all the Unit Profiles. All of the deer hunts are for Coues deer. These hunts are available for both residents and nonresidents.
Bonus points are not used for leftover tags in Arizona.
NOTE: The only way to get any of the 2020 fall leftover permits is by applying through the MAIL ONLY starting on July 20, 2020, at 8 a.m. MST. Application paperwork can be found here. Then on July 27 at 8 a.m., any leftover permits will be available for purchase at all department offices.
For 2020, here are the total number of leftover tags:
- 287 Coues deer only general tags
- 221 Coues deer muzzleloader tags
- 1 youth-only muzzleloader either species tags
- 46 youth-only javelina tags
- 119 leftover turkey tags
- Bonus points will still be retained if you pick up a leftover tag in Arizona (you will not lose your points)
- Your application will be thrown out if it arrives on a workday before July 20.
- Application paperwork can be downloaded here.
- At 8:00 a.m. on July 27, any remaining first come leftover permits will be available for purchase with a completed application at all Arizona Game and Fish Department offices.
Applications are accepted by U.S. Mail only to this address:
Arizona Game & Fish
Att: Draw/First Come
5000 W. Carefree Highway
Phoenix, AZ 85086
If successful, you will receive your tag in the mail within 10-15 business days.
Here is some information I received directly from Arizona Game and Fish (AZFG). To pick up a leftover tag, the best strategy is to get your application to arrive right on time on Monday. So if you got your application filled out and figured out the time to mail it to get it there... you should be good to go to possibly get it there on Monday. So... if you really want to be at the top of the pile of applications, figure out when you need to mail your application to get it to AZGF on time, but don't mail it too early so it shows up on the Friday before.
In summary, if they receive your paperwork first and there is still a tag left, you will get the tag.
Permit fees required:
- Resident deer: $58.00
- Nonresident deer: $315.00
- Youth only deer resident: $38.00
- Youth only deer nonresident: $40.00
- Resident turkey: $38.00
- Nonresident turkey: $105.00
- Youth only javelina resident: $28.00
- Youth only javelina nonresident: $30.00
License fees required:
- Resident: $37.00 (general hunting) or $57.00 (hunt and fish combo)
- Resident and nonresident youth: $5.00 (ages 10-17)
- Nonresident: $160.00 (hunt and fish combo)
2020 Arizona Leftover License List
More information on what's available in each unit, plus harvest statistics can be found on Filtering 2.0.
Leftover General Licenses - Coues deer
|1103||30A||62||Oct. 23-29||105"||30:100||48.7%||Coues deer|
|1104||30A||89||Nov. 6-12||105"||30:100||48.7%||Coues deer|
|1107||30B||2||Oct. 23-29||100"||35:100||52.2%||Coues deer|
|1108||30B||33||Nov. 6-12||100"||35:100||52.2%||Coues deer|
|1133||35A*||90||Nov. 6-12||105"||33:100||66.8%||Coues deer|
|1134||35A*||1||Nov. 27-Dec. 6||105"||33:100||66.8%||Coues deer|
|1137||35B||10||Nov. 6-12||105"||39:100||63.3%||Coues deer|
Leftover Muzzleloader Coues Deer Licenses
|1189||33||217||Nov. 13-19||110"||14:100||85.2%||Coues deer|
|1190||36A||4||Oct. 9-15||100"||17:100||71.5%||Coues deer|
Leftover Youth Only Muzzleloader Deer Licenses
|1192||16A*||1||Nov. 20-29||160" (MD)||38:100||80.8%||Mule deer or|
Leftover Youth Only Javelina Licenses
|5509*||34A, 34B, 35A, 35B||17||Nov. 20-26|
|5510||37A, 37B||7||Oct. 9-15|
Leftover Turkey Licenses
You can check out the list of Arizona outfitters and Business members below.