Video Producer / Editor - Job Opportunity with GOHUNT
GOHUNT helps hunters maximize the time they spend in the field. Our robust toolset includes cutting-edge hunting maps, the best draw odds and filtering tools in hunting, and a curated, field-tested ecommerce experience. GOHUNT simplifies the complex process of planning a hunt, leading to more tags in hunter pockets and more confidence on their hunts. Our team pours grit, integrity, and an obsession with incorporating customer feedback into everything we do. If you’re passionate about delivering a world-class customer experience through innovative new tools, we’d love for you to join us on our hunt.
Vision & Mission
We support conservation through hunting.
Hunters secure more tags and have more success because we put the best technology and gear into their hands. Our tech cuts through hunting’s complexities to uncover opportunities that most folks don’t even know exist, and we provide the expertise and gear needed to get it done in the field. That means more money for conservation and more support for wildlife management, preserving public lands for generations to come.
About this Role
GOHUNT is looking for a dynamic video editor & producer to join our team! We’re in search of a highly capable and experienced video producer and editor who can work with a team to plan, create, and edit videos of all lengths to the highest standard. The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of current trends and social platforms, extensive experience in conception through final edit of videos, and the ability to craft a compelling narrative for content of multiple lengths. This is a hands-on position, requiring the ability to think on one’s feet, rapidly adapt to situational changes, work with a production team as well as marketing and business stakeholders, and edit high quality video content.
Storytelling is the core of our content and our business—our editor must be able to communicate the emotional content and excitement of a hunter’s yearly lifecycle in videos of lengths from 6 seconds to 20+ minutes. This is an interactive procedure, requiring the ability to sort through existing footage, work with active production teams, record footage of digital apps and software platforms, and coordinate with affiliate and freelance resources. You will need to be not only an editor, but shooter and producer as well.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Edit and produce high-end videos under supervision and unsupervised
- Conceptualize and execute content production for social and long-form uses
- Stay in tune with the latest social platforms, video trends, and content strategies and share with the broader team
- Production planning & supervision when necessary
- Communication & coordination with freelance editors and videographers
- Close communication with the marketing & creative teams to devise & review strategy and vision
- Take responsibility for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary, or work closely with a director or channel owner to realize a specific vision.
Skills & Knowledge
- Extensive experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically
- Adobe Premiere
- Adobe Audition
- Adobe After Effects
- Ability to use and edit templates and MOGRTs
- Knowledge and experience with various AI-based editing tools (i.e. RunwayML)
- Motion graphics creation experience is a bonus
- 3+ years of video production experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field preferred preferred
- Experience with outdoor and lifestyle brands is a plus
- Experience working under tight deadlines and maintaining a positive attitude under pressure is required.
- 40+ hours a week
- Candidate reports directly to the Creative Director
- On-site in our Las Vegas office
Please note that a reel or portfolio is required to be considered for this position.
Please submit your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org